Monday, February 6, 2017

The Lord guides us when we simply do what we should.


I loved that picture of Abby and the Prigmores!!! SHE'S SO BIG!!! ALL OF THEM ARE! It blew my mind to see all of the cousins, they look so much older... I also love baptismal services so much. My favorite thing about them is after the baptism, going and singing primary songs. "When I am Baptized" is one of my favorite songs now. On the topic, at the church last week, Elder Todd Stout and I overheard the sisters in a lesson with Asako singing primary songs! We used to do that too!

Asako is doing really well! She's committed to come to church consistently and to partake of the sacrament with more purpose, and she's preparing for this month on the 25th. She still needs to make a few more steps before she makes it, but we're praying so hard for her every night. Elder Stout and I don't teach her anymore, but at activities every week we try to talk to her and support her as much as we can. She's one of our best friends we've met here in Japan!



Speaking of upcoming baptisms, we stopped at Bu's house on Sunday and talked with him. It was fantastic. He gave me a book of Japanese-to-Burmese phrases, so I'm gonna learn just a little bit for him ;) But we have our Skype call with Brother Han from Tokyo set for this Saturday, and we're so excited! After teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Bu readily accepted all of it and told us that he promises to read and pray every single day in order to know that it's true. He is so full of faith!! He may be the kinest kinjin (most golden person) I've ever met. He always has the biggest smile on his face and lets us into his house so warmly. He's also one of my best friends!


So, here's a pic of Elder Stout and I this week going to the shrine to find students for mission school!! We expected a lot of them to be there because it was a matsuri, and we saw some really cool miracles! One of which: as soon as we set foot there, a man approached us who was an old investigator and started asking us how the old missionaries are doing and said he wants to meet us again soon! It was really cool! :) 

However, we realized soon that because the celebration was for kids, we weren't going to find any high school students. We took off and went finding elsewhere, but we got a snack on the way ;) That day was entirely guided by the spirt. I can't explain it in detail cuz I'm running out of time, but basically we left on the wrong train, ran into our friend who we've been trying to get into contact with (Okamura san :) then went back and got to the shrine just in time to meet Mr. Sato, then we realized that the eki we were at was a 10 minute walk from Brother Maeda's house (which we were unaware of, and it saved us the money and time of going home and riding out.) and then we ran into two people because of how perfect the timing was, that approached us and asked about the church. I felt like the Lord just carried us on his wings!
I wanna testify that the Lord guides us when we simply do what we should! These guided days are a weekly experience. :) I'm so grateful for the Lord's love and help he offers!


Brother Hosokura met with us and we went out to Indo curry! It was a wonderful experience. He's been coming to church consistently again :) Showing our friends love is the best way to help them remember God's love for them.


OH! Also, just barely, Ikeda Kyoudai gave me a call. It was so great to hear from him again, and especially to be more capable of actually talking to him.

Sorry, this email was bara bara (all over the place,) It was a really great week, but we'd better wrap up there. Mark is doing good, but he wasn't able to meet this week, and neither has Toshiki. We're continuing to pray that people's schedules will clear up, but we don't have anything to complain about. Life is good. :)

Thank you so much for your emails this week; they mean so much :) I really appreciated the thought that with the Atonement, it isn't impossible at all. It's so true! We'll keep doing our absolute best!! Please continue to pray for us. Your prayers are making a huge difference and I appreciate them so much more than I can express in words :)


I love you so much mama, thanks for everything you do for me!!!!! :) TTYL!

Love,

    Elder Stout :D
          πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ  •  πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅
γ‚Ήγ‚Ώγ‚¦γƒˆι•·θ€ ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment