Monday, February 20, 2017

Niigata Zone Conference and Blitz

Dear Mama Stouto,

Man, I love that you can speak Japanese. I'm finding myself on a regular basis switching L's and R's, and beginning sentences in English only to realize that what I want to say isn't compatible with English grammar patterns and end up finishing in Japanese. Not to mention I just use a lot of Japanese words that are just mendokusai to say in English. (That means like, "a pain in the neck". But it's easier to say in Japanese!! ;)

I'm genki! :D I'm glad you got to see a couple of pics and videos from the zone conference and blitz, those nights were fantastic. As always, it was like the windows of heaven were just swung open and revelation was dumped out! It's amazing how something general enough for a large group of missionaries can be full of specific answers to personal prayers. 


Then afterwords, everyone else went out to do some crazy dendo (or just streeting with lots of Book of Mormons and faith), but instead of that, we went to a hospital (Elder Ishikawa, Elder Broberg, and I) and visited a member's son. It was a really sweet opportunity and I made a great new friend. He's exactly what I would have been like as a Japanese High school student (Please notice the 3DS and Manga on his desk ;) I felt so blessed to be able to bear my testimony to him and make him smile and remember that God loves him :)


Yes, Toshiki's mom and little brothers are members already! They are an amazing support system. Right now, he and his girlfriend are doing fantastic! They're progressing so well. On the topic, here's a picture of our last lesson...................


IS THAT NATSUKASHII (nostalgic) OR WHAT?!?! Elder Li and I got one more run, and it was such an amazing night for me. I grew and learned so much from my old companion. He's become an even more amazing missionary than he was back in Shibuya. On the topic, we saw some amazing miracles this week.

I'm running low on time now, but to make a long story short, we felt prompted to go back to the college that we had a hard time getting into because President Nagano has been very clear that the future of our missionary work is going to be within Mission School. That through us helping the younger generation, we will be able to find Heavenly Father's prepared children in a non-threatening environment. So we went looking to make friends with someone who wanted to learn English, worried that they might ask us to leave, and instead at the door we ran into my old Eikaiwa student who asked us to come to his office, then introduced us to a number of his fellow teachers! It was a miracle of mass proportions that could change Sanjo as we know it, and we offered so many prayers of thanks. Please pray for the mission school and for the youth of Japan!!

We saw many other miracles as we met with Mark and he told us he's seriously thinking about becoming a missionary, but first getting baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was such a spiritual day, I can't explain it all.
Very simply I want to echo Elder Li's words. That sometimes we need to go back to Jerusalem and get the plates, even if going back is hard and scary, the Lord will protect us. And even if we don't know beforehand what we will do, the spirit will lead us :)



We had a car that day, so that was new!!
One last pic with a best friend who changed my life.


Awwww, I'm glad Hudson... well, not "remembers" me, but I'm glad that he knows who I am. Have you been making sure to let him smell my shoes so that he'll recognize me when I see him again? ;)

Elder T. Stout and I have been visiting a member named brother Yoshida every single week. He's been in really rough shape for quite some time. He's never able to get out or even really do lessons because he has so little energy, but hosting us at his house brings him so much joy. Even though he falls asleep a hundred times in each meeting, it's always really good for him :) Helps him feel really involved in the ward. It also helps him feel a lot of love. He always insists on pouring us cups of hot chocolate (usually so much water you can hardly taste the chocolate... ;) Anyway, all he can really do for us is show reruns of ancient seminary films cuz we can't watch anything else and he can't do anything but watch TV, and so I'm pretty versed in really old video clips. Some of them are hysterically bad ;)

Elder Stout and I celebrated some good ol' fashion Japanese Valentine's day with our "Kanshya chocolate" which you get from a friend to a friend. If we weren't missionaries, I'm sure it would be pretty demeaning to receive such a gift, but seeing as we're missionaries and got this from Mr. Cozy, it was a huge compliment ;)


The two of us have been staying relatively healthy, although we have found a few new favorite desserts here that we can't help but buy every P-Day.... (Yes, it is still the goal to lose a significant amount of weight. In my defense of this picture, I weigh a lot less than I did the day I left home ;)


Another pic that needed to be taken with another best friend who has changed my life forever. Having him at the apartment again was so much fun! :) What an outstanding Elder just like his companion.



 And one more of us buying sushi with President Nagano after the big blitz! :D





We're having fun, seeing miracles, loving the work, and really afraid about transfer calls next week. Please pray we'll be together one more to see all of our good friend's baptisms together! Elder T. Stout is worried sick, I have to give him a warm glass of milk every night before bed. (That was a lie. Mugicha, but basically the same thing ;)

I love you so much Mama, thanks for your wonderful emails each week. Sorry this one was a little crazy and all over the place, that's how the week itself actually was though, so it works :)


Talk to you soon, love you and Dada!!!

  Elder Stout :D
          πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ  •  πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

γ‚Ήγ‚Ώγ‚¦γƒˆι•·θ€ ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment