Monday, February 13, 2017

One of my favorite weeks so far!

How are you doing?? :D It's so good to hear from you, as usual. I'm glad to hear that you had such a fantastic RootsTech Conference once again!! :D I can't wait to go with you one day. I love and miss Aunt Barbara so much too and am honored she still reads my email :) Shout out to you, easily one of my favorite aunts!! ;)

Sanjo is doing fantastic: this week we had some of the best lessons and meetings with our friends that I've ever seen, it was amazing!!!! :D

At the beginning of the week I got a call from my good friend Biraj!! Do you remember him from Urawa?  It just made me so happy to see him again. 


 Speaking of Restaurants, today we went to a nice place with our good friends the Okuzawas because it was Sister Okuzawa (Toshiki's mom)'s birthday! So much fun! Here's us by one of the cameras at the front desk


Here's us giving Toshiki the eye after he stole my iPad.


And his mother's reaction:




Toshiki is doing much better this week, and he and his fiancé had a fantastic lesson with us at church about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The whole ward is hoping for his baptism soon! (And so is he!)

The week progressed and we met with Mark in one of the best experiences we've ever had with mission school! As a mission we really focus on teaching people English and other courses that we are good at to help people on a broader scale. After helping Mark with his math (and introducing him to Khan Academy which helped me with my math ;) we finished all of his homework and had a wonderful lesson about using good words to uplift each other. He made a very firm commitment to use better words. What's more, his mom walked in and said, "You know, I really like this!" And insisted we come back anytime.
What's more, Mark shared a very frightening experience about losing his wallet in Niigata, a 40 minute train ride from home. His phone was dead, and all he could do was stand there and play his guitar hoping to earn just 500 yen or so so that he could make the ride home. It was dark and icy cold, and after an hour he had almost submitted to just sleep around the station before trying again in the morning. He's a 16-year-old-kid!! But, he didn't give up. He went, and he prayed to Heavenly Father, and he tried one more time. A moment later, some foreigners walked up and clapped loudly asking him to play other songs, and pretty soon he had 2000 yen, and a big group of new friends!!!! MIRACLES!!! :D Mark testified to us, and then showed us a song he wrote about the experience. He added enthusiastically, "You can listen to this one because it's gospel music!!

At Eikaiwa we had a very sweet older lady give us valentine cards! :) What a wonderful friend, Fumie san. I really appreciate all of the new Japanese grandmothers that I am finding as the weeks go on. The older generation here is my absolute favorite :) 



BU!!!! WE HAD A FANTASTIC LESSON WITH HIM AND BROTHER HAN OVER SKYPE!!! We've found out that a Myanmar Book of Mormon is being translated, and until then we'll have a few other resources we can use to help him. But we reexplained the whole restoration and he is completely faithful and ready to accept everything we've taught him. Just like his own father, he wants to be baptized. It's going amazingly well with him, so please keep the prayers coming! :)



(That was on splits with Elder Manapori)

No pic, but we saw Asako at church and it had been so long because of her busy work and travel!!!! It was so great and she stayed for several hours (so did Toshiki and Yui!! :) We talked a lot and we're hoping to hear more, but she hasn't been able to meet with the sisters. However, she DID go to church last week in Urawa (my old area) and BORE HER TESTIMONY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! She's making amazing progress, even without us there. Please keep praying!!

Alright, I'm about out of time, but I just want to say that this week has been absolutely wonderful. One of my favorite weeks so far :) I love you so much, and I miss you dearly. Things are going very well though, so don't worry about me :)

Also, we have surprise splits with Elder Clark and Elder Li tomorrow, so look forward to our adventures in next week's email! :D


Love you so much, hear from you soon :)

  Elder Stout :D
          🇺🇸  •  🇯🇵
スタウト長老 ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment