Monday, February 8, 2016

Focused on Being Myself

So, I went on splits with Elder Hugo!!  We met a funny kid who wanted a selfie with the Americans!



During my split with Elder Hugo we met a man who we ended up talking to for 30 minutes.  He
laughed when we told him that the Book of Mormon was a testimony of Jesus Christ from the Americas, but when we explained it to him, his countenance changed.  Elder Hugo offered him a book of mormon and he turned it down.  We testified pretty powerfully and said that if he read it he could learn it was true, and he said, "If God wanted me to know this were true, he wouldn't just send me two kids one time.  Next time I see missionaries, I will take the book and listen to your lessons." Without almost any time but what I felt was the correct thing to say, I said blatantly, "Then if not now, you will meet more missionaries.  I promise you." He half smiled, and than graciously thanked us for our time.  We ran into that man 3 more times throughout the day, and one of the times he gave us directions! I felt he should've taken the book of mormon, but we didn't even offer it to them, because it's not yet his time.  
So, that was really intense.
Elder Hugo is a second transfer now, but man, he's come a long way!  The biggest thing about the interview though, was that I saw Elder Hugo as myself throughout the entire thing.  He's exactly the way I was my second transfer, and still is so similar to me, that I had a lot of revelation concerning myself throughout the whole thing.

Recently, I've really loosened up.  I've realized that if missionary Elder Stout and John Stout are two different people, that this mission will do me and everyone I serve absolutely no good.  So I've focused a lot on being myself, and MAN has it made this work 1) Fun 2) Effective 3) Life changing.  I love my mission with all my heart, and I'm trying to become more submerged in it (:

At fast and testimony meeting I kinda said an unofficial goodbye to Narita ward and thanked them and cried a bit.  This place has been the most amazing first area.  If in the next week and a half I learn that I'm moving, I will be so sad.  I hope I can return just like Elder Kitagaki.

Here's a picture of Miyata Kyoudai and three sets of home teachers taking advantage of how close the church is to everyone's homes (;



I MADE SOME FRIENDS!  Today during some down time I ran into these guys and it was a blast!!!  You know me, I'll get pictures with any smily man, koala, or princess I run into.  These things make me so happy even though I know there's just some random person who's REALLY good at acting behind the suit (Japanese people take this job so seriously its AWESOME.  The one on the left was hilarious and the one on the right was super cutesy and shy.)



I'm not in this picture.  But I shared this post on facebook and I really liked it, so I want to share a thought on it!  While the miracle in this picture happened to the girl and was by the power and grace of Jesus Christ, the overjoyed and tearful father in the center of the picture behind Christ's helping hand was he who asked for the Lord's help.  It was his faith that brought The Christ to the humble home.  Our prayers and our faith in behalf of those we love will bring Jesus Christ's help.  I testify of this.  While the daughter was dead, she lived once again.




Love you so much!


Elder Stout! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment