Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Frank's Baptism was AMAZING!

MOMMA!!  Hey!!  I know I'm a terrible missionary for saying this, but skyping home was by far the best part of my Christmas too.  (The baptism was after Christmas ;) I had an amazing Christmas and I stayed focused, but seeing everyone and getting to talk briefly was so sweet.  It was like getting a glimpse of heaven, kinda!  Anyway, I really enjoyed it :) 

My poor companion was a sickie-guy.  That's no fun, especially when we get Christmas sushi :P


Also, at hamasushi, we got a dragon fruit!!!  Er, I got a dragon fruit.  Kitagaki Chourou thought it looked way gross.  It was super good though!  Kinda like a kiwi mixed with an onion!  Weird.



Selfie at the Sugimoto's for Christmas dinner!!  OISHI desu yo!  She made an apple pie just for me!  I ate it the next day because Frank hadn't been baptized yet.



So, I have next to no time.  Just tell everyone I love them and will have time next week just before transfers (; I'm writing this on the train because other than travel time our pday has been completely packed.  I went on district leader splits yesterday and then we've had two lessons/the temple... We can't even shop!  Luckily, the members have given us way too much food for the next while in Christmas presents (;

Frank's baptism was AMAZING.  He had such a light in his eyes, he looked like he was a different person, mama. He really did!  It was such a transformation.  We're teaching him AB lessons and I'm praying that he'll stay active in the church!



So, recently, this is what's been on my mind:
I need to become more focused on the people I'm with.  Not when I'm with them, because at those times it is so easy for me to love them and talk to them, but when I'm in the apartment or going to sleep or riding my bike or doing whatever else, my mind always wonders to myself.  It's not bad necessarily, but I've realized I focus so much on wanting to self improve that my progress has been stunted.  My district leader gave me a lot of really nice compliments, but his improvement point cut me deep because I know it's something I really need to work on.  He said, "you've gotta stop letting the things that don't matter get in the way of the things that do." In the temple I was just constantly praying that I'd be able to overcome this problem.  Things like during mealtimes and such constantly planning new calendars/check off lists/plans, but never actually executing them before making new ones.  It sounds stupid, but I really need the Lord's help with it.

I've also been thinking a lot that if we aren't ourselves, we are never happy.  That some missionaries always talk about kankeinai stuff and they seem to be the fun ones, but that the happiest and most fun missionaries I've ever known are those like my zone leaders and Elder Clark who are so focused.  The ones who are changed by what they do.  I believe that that's the key to being a successful missionary, is... Well, becoming a missionary so that doing the work is just being yourself.  That's when you're always happy. (That thought was mostly inspired by my district leader, but I totally agree.)

Speaking of Elder Clark (earlier) I saw him again briefly at temple PDay.  I love that man so much, it was so good to see him.  I hope so badly that we'll be companions again!!  If not, I hope we end up in the same zone for a while, because he's just the best kinda person.  I wanna be like him!  Also, I saw Elder Hibino which was a hoot!  He is such a funny Elder.  I miss him too. Oh oh oh!  And I bought a new mini triple combo in Japanese and it's AWESOME!!!!  I plan to read through the whole Morumon Sho!

Anyway, I think about you and pray for you often!  I don't ever want to sound trunky when I say this, but I'm always excited for the days when we can all be together as a family again!
Love you!
The baptism!!!

-スタウト長老
Elder Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment