Monday, December 26, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was so fun to see you earlier today!! :D This Skype call was so much easier because we already had the drill down, I felt like, but it was still a so special! :) I love talking to you so much! I'm sorry we didn't get much one-on-one time... I don't know how much we can really get on a 40 minute call though :P Come to think of it, both mine and Elder Stout's calls were basically just a huge family reunion ;) Of course, I really like that format, it was so much fun! :D



I've loved doing #lighttheworld!! It's so inspired and so inspiring. And it's so easy to do. It's the perfect holiday event. I'm so sad it's finally over, and feel way bad that I only actually participated in about half of the days. On the topic, I think we'll go and post our last ones today ;) But it has been so great. I'm so happy that you've been doing it and you saw that blessing!!
That is so good to hear that Wendy's doing well, I've been so worried about her!! I'm sure the whole family has been, but really, thank you so much for sharing. We've all been seeing Christmas miracles!

This week mission school was awesome!!





President Nakagawa's kids all came and so did Mark, and it was so great! We learned lots of English and worked on lots of homework. That family is my favorite. They're going to be my lifelong friends for sure, especially President Nakagawa.
Two days later we went on over to Mark's house and were able to meet his mother and sister and new little brother! Before they got there though, we practiced our song for the Christmas party. He made what would have been a somewhat average performance into a really powerful little musical number. He's so talented. He inspires me so much, I gotta learn guitar like him!

On Saturday we had a Christmas miracle like I told you about on the Skype call!!
Bu san had us over at his house! We taught the entire Plan of Salvation using Japanese, English, a little dictionary, and a lot of pictures. He's learning both the english and Japanese church terminology, so please pray for him. The lesson was fantastic, and after explaining baptism, and telling him that in temple he can perform a baptism for his deceased father, he got the biggest smile and his face and said, "Yes, I want to be baptized!" We've all decided together on February 25th, so we're working for that special day.



Christmas Eve was also great because we went to KFC and got selfies with Japan's image of an American Christmas. Though the sun was way bright.


Also, #First-sleep-over-with-my-cousin-on-christmas-eve-just-like-we-always-dreamed


Also, remember when I told you a few months ago about meeting a sister in Urawa who knew Grandma and Grandpa Stout really well and began to cry as we spoke? Well, her name is Sister Hayakawa. Randomly during study a few days ago we got a knock at the door. We opened it to see a delivery man struggling not to drop a hefty box balanced on his knee! It was addressed to a "Jyon Sutauto Choro."


It was like Christmas. I don't know how much money she spent on us, but we don't need to go shopping this week, and Christmas was a huge ordeal with all of the treats she packed in there. Sister Hayakawa is the best, and I'm so grateful for the work of you, Mama, and Grandpa, and everyone else here in Japan. These people will never forget how you touched their hearts.

Well, I'd better wrap up around there. This Christmas was wonderful and magical. I can't wait for this New Years. President Nagano has ordered that we all go to shrines on P-Day to see the way that Japanese people celebrate this special occasion! We're so excited!!!

I love you so much Mama, and I love the rest of you too!! Write to you again soon :)

Love,

    Elder Stout :D
          πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ  •  πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅
γ‚Ήγ‚Ώγ‚¦γƒˆι•·θ€ ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment