Monday, November 28, 2016

Our new friend Mark from the Philippines!


This week has seriously been fantastic.  Toshiki hasn't been able to meet until tonight, and so we'll see how he's doing then!  It's been a little tough trying to meet up with him, but he still wants to be baptized in December, so we'll keep you updated!
Asako is doing AMAZING. She comes to Eikaiwa and Ping Pong night and church, and the ward is so good with her. Nakagawa Kaichou is the best, he relates with her so well and having lessons with him is a dream come true because he knows right when to testify and what to say. She is really progressing now and we're hoping to set a baptismal date with her soon here.

We have a new friend to introduce.... his name is:
MARK!




He is from the Philippines, at age 16 performs with many bands, and needs help with his math homework.  That's where we come in ;) I met him on splits with Sister Roper's nephew, Elder Peterson. 


Mark said he'd love to come to mission school, and while there he actually asked tons of questions about the church.  He now has a Book of Mormon and will be coming to church this next week. He's already Christian and really likes what he's heard about the restoration. Also he's helping out at our Eikaiwa and is a natural teacher, and everyone loves him. He said he doesn't really have any friends (but look at him, he's so cool!) and so we're gonna be able to meet up lots. So far his family seems supportive of him coming here!  Aw man, I could go on and on about Mark and the miracle find that he was (he actually stopped US as we were biking). 

I'm glad that you had a great thanksgiving!  Elder T. Stout and I just went and bought a bunch of 7Eleven food that was the equivalent of a Thanksgiving dinner and called it good. But meeting with everyone at Zone Conference was so wonderful!!!!!! Seeing Elder Clark and Elder Li is my favorite. I always spend the whole break time talking with those two, and this time having Elder Stout there with me made it so cool. 3 of my favorite companions at once!! Doesn't get much better than that.



Also, guess what?? Biraj skype called me! :D



Oh man, I love that talk about the current bush. I actually downloaded that video about a year ago and have both watched and shared it with members a hundred times. All of my companions know it's my favorite mormon message. :) Thank you for sharing! "I am the gardener here, and I know what i want you to be." It's so true. The Lord is in control. I really love the teaching that we can let the Lord take control of our lives and we don't have to stress it too much because he'll make us into our best selves. :)

Welp, that's about the week :) We're doing great and having so much fun, I'm sorry I'm not able to write more, I'll write more next week!

  


I love you so much! :) Sorry this week was a little all over the place. We have the best family ever, even when my emails don't make sense just know that I miss y'all so much and I love you!

   Elder Stout :D
          ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ  •  ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต
ใ‚นใ‚ฟใ‚ฆใƒˆ้•ท่€ ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment