Saturday, July 25, 2015

There's no learning in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the learning zone!

Hey! (: Its so good to hear from you!  Yeah, its weird.  Part of me can't believe I've been here for 3 weeks, the other part of me doesn't think its ever going to end.  I feel like the MTC is a spiritual Gym.  Like, every single day The Lord teaches me a huge new lesson.  I'm leaning so much, but at the same time, it’s a very uncomfortable experience (; A quote that I LOVE was, "There's no learning in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the learning zone."

I'm still loving all of it and every one!  Elder Clark and I had a pretty intense companionship inventory.  Kind of a misunderstanding, but I bet no one could ever see that happening, especially when the two of us were the only ones involved.  But it was good (: He's the sweetest guy ever, I'm so blessed to have such a righteous and kind companion.

I've had SO MUCH FUN running recently!!  It’s just exhilarating.  I didn't realize how much I would miss it after sitting inside all day, but just running for a solid half hour is super relaxing.  I come out of it ready to do the same thing over.  So... I'm weird (:\ I've also had the chance to throw a disk around quite a bit!  We aren't allowed to play ultimate, too physical or competitive I guess, but just throwing a Frisbee is so much fun.

Can someone find Mr. Paskett's email and send it to me?  I need to thank that man.  He's the best teacher I ever had, and definitely on of the best Japanese teachers out there.  Also, every day as we study I just miss my old class SO MUCH.  I loved that experience, and I miss all my old friends more than words can describe.  But I know that pretty soon I'll miss every one of experiences I had here, so its best to live in the present (:

So, Todd left this week!  Man, that was short.  I miss him so much.  It was so amazing to have his support while both of us were here.  I miss it already.  But I'm loving all the people I have, so its fine.  APPARENTLY Jacob Burnham is here!!!  I need to find him already, because I haven't seen him yet!  And Steph comes in next week?  This place is the best. (;

So, everyone has been getting sick recently.  Like, EVERYONE.  One of our teachers told us that that's how the MTC has always been and that he has a suspicion that its the same cold that's been here since some Elder brought it through the gates in 1990.  I choose to believe that XD  I've only gotten a slightly sore throat, but I've also had headaches.  I haven't in the last day, but a few days in a row I had this searing pain above my left eyebrow.  Like the one I had before I came here.  Hopefully its gone forever, but that was a thing.

MAMA!  You know that Elder we ran into at Walmart who said he had a cousin going into the MTC the same day I did?  WELL I KNOW HER.  Sister Riggs!  The other day she mentioned, "Hey Stout, you met my cousin?" and then it all clicked.  That was a super awesome connection to make.  So... yeah, that's all I have to say about that.  But it was kind of awesome.  Oh!  Also, Sister Rigg's grandpa spoke to us at the Tuesday devotional.  That was really really good.  10 things about a happy and successful missionary.  I'd already heard it all before, but I really loved having the chance to write what he said down.  Particularly the bit about working hard.  I still love the story about how President Hinckley was discouraged on his mission and wanted to come home.  If he was THAT discouraged, I'm gonna be fine.

OH!  Also, we got to teach a native Nihonjin who's visiting from Fukuoka.  She was so tiny and sweet and it made me FLIPPIN excited to go out into the field! (: The MTC is great, but I have too much time to think about myself.  It'll be easy to lose myself in the work once I'm out there, you know?

On the topic, I guess that was my favorite lesson I learned this week.  Not to simply FORGET myself in the work, but to LOSE myself.  Let go of my past and focus on now.  It’s been so hard to do that.  But I'm working on it.  Obviously no matter what happens I love you all so much, but... I need to focus on the mission?  You know?  Yeah.  I still love you guys, don't be sad. (;

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!


-Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment